Swimming is the perfect activity for all dogs, young or old, those with physical limitations or injuries, be it old joints, too much weight, or post surgery. It provides a non weight bearing activity that avoids all the stresses and strains on joints, and is a complete workout that offers both muscle toning and aerobic benefits.
Water therapy is proven to be beneficial for numerous conditions:
- Obesity and weight management
- Hip and elbow dysplasia
- Spinal injuries and paralysis
- Cruciate ligament problems
- Post operative muscle regeneration and maintenance
- Sprains and breaks
- Relief of pain, swelling, arthritis, and stiffness
- Improvement of circulation and joint mobility
- Great for general fitness and for when normal exercise is restricted. Good conditioning for agility, racing and working dogs and SWIMMING JUST FOR FUN!